Time to rethink your Pilates teaching.
Available as an online workshop for 2020. Includes online modules and a live online training day.
Mon 7th Sept 2020 – modules released
Sun 27th Sept 2020 – live, online training day 9am – 3:30pm
Fri 2nd Oct 2020 – live, online Q&A session 6:30 – 7:30pm
Pilates Essentials for Physiotherapists takes the evidence-base of injury rehabilitation, injury prevention and the initial stages of strength training into the Pilates studio. With an emphasis on the initial stages of Pilates rehabilitation, the course explores both the coaching of Pilates exercises and Pilates program design.
During the workshop we will discuss the current evidence, consensus statements and models of rehabilitation for common musculoskeletal presentations to provide a foundation for the design and implementation of a Pilates based rehabilitation program.
This workshop is suitable for clinicians currently teaching Pilates who are seeking to reboot and extend their repertoire, as well as those seeking an introduction to the use of Pilates for injury rehabilitation. All health professionals, students and new graduates are welcome.
ONLINE COURSE MODULES INCLUDES:
- From Contrology to Physio rehabilitation
- The role of Pilates in injury management and athletic development
- The evidence base for exercise in common musculoskeletal presentations
- Pilates rehabilitation exercises for spinal, lower and upper limb presentations
- Designing a Pilates rehabilitation program
- Integrating a Pilates program with a gym based strength program
- Becoming a Pilates coach
- Pilates case studies
LIVE, ONLINE SESSION INFORMATION:
- Pilates courses: mat, reformer, trapeze table, wunda chair, hand weights, resistance bands
- Strength Training courses: mat, dumbbells, barbell and weight plates, dowel stick, resistance bands.
ONCE YOU REGISTER FOR PILATES ESSENTIALS FOR PHYSIOTHERAPISTS:
- Complete the online components in your own time. Online modules released 3 weeks prior the live training day.
- Join the live online tutorial to complete the workshop (all times are AEST).
- Join the live Q&A follow up session a week after.
Access to a private Facebook group for ongoing support.
This is a Level 1 RTR Pilates course. For those with no prior Pilates experience, this workshop is a prerequisite for Pilates for High Performance Athletes (RTR Pilates Level 2) and other RTR Pilates workshops.
Online package $500
ASK ABOUT OUR PACKAGE DEALS IF YOU DO 2 OR ALL 3 OF JOHNS ONLINE COURSES!
email@example.com for a registration form or to find out more.
B.Physio (Hons) B.Sc M.ExSci (S&C) M.Sports Physio APA Sports & Exercise Physiotherapist, S&C Coach
John is an APA Sports Physiotherapist, Strength & Conditioning Coach and Pilates Educator who has worked in a range of Physiotherapy settings across Melbourne and London. With a special interest in return to sport rehabilitation and gym based performance training, John spends much of his clinical time developing his patient’s physical performance characteristics with a mix of exercise based interventions.
He has completed a Master of Sports Physiotherapy (La Trobe University) as well as a Master of Exercise Science (Strength & Conditioning) from Edith Cowan University and is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) and a Level 1 ASCA S&C Coach.
John established Resistance Training Rehabilitation in 2012 to deliver a range of Clinical Pilates, Strength & Conditioning and injury rehabilitation courses for health and fitness professionals.
He has previous worked with the Football Federation of Victoria, Brentford Football Club, Victoria Bushrangers and was formally Master Trainer for APPI in the UK and Australia. John currently consults from Physiosports Brighton.