Bringing Sports Physiotherapy into the Pilates studio.
Available as an online workshop for 2020. Includes online modules and a live online training day.
Mon 28th Sept 2020 – modules released
Sun 18th Oct 2020 – live, online training day 9am – 3:30pm
Fri 23rd Oct 2020 – live, online Q&A session 6:30 – 7:30pm
Pilates for High Performance Athletes explores the use of Pilates to address the later stage rehabilitation goals following sports injuries and progression towards athletic development.
Join us as we explore the role of Pilates in athletic development. By evaluating current evidence, consensus statements and models of sports injury rehabilitation we will discuss the use of Pilates rehabilitation exercises to facilitate athletic development across several age groups and populations. This workshop includes modifications to common Pilates exercises as well as novel uses of Pilates principles.
With an emphasis on the later stages of Pilates rehabilitation, the course will discuss using Pilates for strength, neuromuscular and agility training. In addition, common lower and upper limb sporting injury presentations, relevant rehabilitation and return to sport requirements are examined within the context of Pilates management.
ONLINE COURSE MODULES INCLUDES:
- The role of Pilates in return to sport planning and athletic development.
- Pilates based strength training for high performance and athletic development.
- Current rehabilitation guidelines for common sporting injuries.
- Exercise dosage in Pilates training.
- Pilates for later stage hamstring, groin, spinal and shoulder rehabilitation.
- Pilates for various athletic populations.
- Improving your Pilates coaching.
- Using a rehabilitation map.
- Pilates program design for high performance athletes.
- Athletic Pilates case studies.
LIVE, ONLINE SESSION INFORMATION:
- Pilates courses: mat, reformer, trapeze table, wunda chair, hand weights, resistance bands
- Strength Training courses: mat, dumbbells, barbell and weight plates, dowel stick, resistance bands.
ONCE YOU REGISTER FOR PILATES FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE ATHLETES:
- Complete the online components in your own time. Online modules released 3 weeks prior the live training day.
- Join the live online tutorial to complete the workshop (all times are AEST).
- Join the live Q&A follow up session a week after.
Access to a private Facebook group for ongoing support.
This course is suitable for clinicians currently teaching Pilates to an athletic population or those aiming to expand their athletic Pilates repertoire. All health professionals, students and new graduates with some prior Pilates experience are welcome.
For those with no prior Pilates experience, completing the Pilates Essentials for Physiotherapists workshop first is recommended.
Online package $500
Early Bird $475 if you pay by September 4th 2020.
ASK ABOUT OUR PACKAGE DEALS IF YOU DO 2 OR ALL 3 OF JOHNS ONLINE COURSES!
email@example.com for a registration form or to find out more.
B.Physio (Hons) B.Sc M.ExSci (S&C) M.Sports Physio APA Sports & Exercise Physiotherapist, S&C Coach
John is an APA Sports Physiotherapist, Strength & Conditioning Coach and Pilates Educator who has worked in a range of Physiotherapy settings across Melbourne and London. With a special interest in return to sport rehabilitation and gym based performance training, John spends much of his clinical time developing his patient’s physical performance characteristics with a mix of exercise based interventions.
He has completed a Master of Sports Physiotherapy (La Trobe University) as well as a Master of Exercise Science (Strength & Conditioning) from Edith Cowan University and is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) and a Level 1 ASCA S&C Coach.
John established Resistance Training Rehabilitation in 2012 to deliver a range of Clinical Pilates, Strength & Conditioning and injury rehabilitation courses for health and fitness professionals.
He has previous worked with the Football Federation of Victoria, Brentford Football Club, Victoria Bushrangers and was formally Master Trainer for APPI in the UK and Australia. John currently consults from Physiosports Brighton.