Gain the confidence and skill to strength train your patients.
Available as an online workshop for 2020. Includes online modules and a live online training day.
Mon 26th October 2020 – modules released
Sun 15th November 2020 – live, online training day 9am – 3:30pm
Fri 20th November 2020 – live, online Q&A session 6:30 – 7:30pm
Strength Training Essentials for Physiotherapists explores the use of clinically reasoned strength training for injury management and return to activity. The course aims to provide clinicians with an understanding of the specific role of strength training within physiotherapy management.
Current rehabilitation guidelines, evidence-based exercises and concepts of exercise prescription and program design are discussed with an emphasis on how to best incorporate them into clinical practice. The course looks beyond the initial phase of injury management, to examine the use of strength training for a range of common musculoskeletal presentations
This workshop is suitable for clinicians currently strength training patients who are seeking to reboot and extend their reasoning and exercise selection process, as well as those seeking an introduction to the use of strength training for injury rehabilitation. All health professionals, students and new graduates are welcome.
ONLINE COURSE MODULES INCLUDES:
- From motor learning to strength training.
- Strength and conditioning for injury rehabilitation and return to activity.
- The role of strength training in injury prevention.
- Exercise dosage and physiological adaptation in rehabilitation and beyond.
- The coaching and technique of strength and conditioning exercises.
- Being a Physio Coach.
- Using a training map.
- Physiotherapy based strength and conditioning program design.
- Strength training case studies.
This is an RTR Level 1 Course.
LIVE, ONLINE SESSION INFORMATION:
- Pilates courses: mat, reformer, trapeze table, wunda chair, hand weights, resistance bands
- Strength Training courses: mat, dumbbells, barbell and weight plates, dowel stick, resistance bands.
ONCE YOU REGISTER FOR STRENGTH TRAINING FOR PHYSIOTHERAPISTS:
- Complete the online components in your own time. Online modules released 3 weeks prior the live training day.
- Join the live online tutorial to complete the workshop (all times are AEST).
- Join the live Q&A follow up session a week after.
Access to a private Facebook group for ongoing support.
Online package $500
Early Bird $475 if you pay by October 2nd 2020.
ASK ABOUT OUR PACKAGE DEALS IF YOU DO 2 OR ALL 3 OF JOHNS ONLINE COURSES!
email@example.com for a registration form or to find out more.
B.Physio (Hons) B.Sc M.ExSci (S&C) M.Sports Physio APA Sports & Exercise Physiotherapist, S&C Coach
John is an APA Sports Physiotherapist, Strength & Conditioning Coach and Pilates Educator who has worked in a range of Physiotherapy settings across Melbourne and London. With a special interest in return to sport rehabilitation and gym based performance training, John spends much of his clinical time developing his patient’s physical performance characteristics with a mix of exercise based interventions.
He has completed a Master of Sports Physiotherapy (La Trobe University) as well as a Master of Exercise Science (Strength & Conditioning) from Edith Cowan University and is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) and a Level 1 ASCA S&C Coach.
John established Resistance Training Rehabilitation in 2012 to deliver a range of Clinical Pilates, Strength & Conditioning and injury rehabilitation courses for health and fitness professionals.
He has previous worked with the Football Federation of Victoria, Brentford Football Club, Victoria Bushrangers and was formally Master Trainer for APPI in the UK and Australia. John currently consults from Physiosports Brighton.