Podiatry is more than just orthotics.
Your foot and ankle are made up of 28 different bones and even more joints, ligaments and muscles. Foot position and function has a direct influence on your leg position. This can alter the way your whole body moves. Poor foot control may result in injury to the foot, ankle, knee, hip or back.
At Physiosports, our Podiatrists have a keen interest in sport and are experts in the mechanics of the foot and leg. They work hand in hand with our Physiotherapists and Rehabilitation team to ensure you get results.
- Biomechanical and functional assessment (including looking at specific movement patterns for the individual’s sporting and activity requirements)
- Digital gait analysis utilising Silicone Coach technology
- Treatment, management plans and advice for lower limb injuries including foot, ankle, leg and knee
- Footwear assessment and recommendations
- Orthotic prescription (custom made, semi-custom and off the shelf devices)
- General footcare including blisters, corns, callouses, warts and ingrown toenails
Rebates apply with private health insurance extras cover.